The early history of this house is unknown. A structure was present on this property as early as 1888. A 1907 map shows a major enlargement of the structure. Phyllis Penn, who was born in 1917, has early childhood memories of a Mrs Nikolai living there. She believes that Mrs Nikolai died and that a Mr. and Mrs. Sharp bought the property. The Sharps lived there with their three grandchildren: Lois, Eddie, and Teddy Williams. Phyllis recalls that the Sharps died around 1931.
What to notice about the house?
This one story Queen Anne cottage is clapboarded with a gable infill of shingles. The gabled roof has cross gable which covers the slanted bay. There is a porch with a shallow hip roof supported on turned columns and a railing of elegantly proportioned turned balusters. The house generally has one over one sash windows.
Phyllis Penn remembers
Mrs. Nikolai had a parrot that she would put on the front porch. The parrot had learned how to mimic the voices of the neighborhood mothers. Phyllis remembers hearing her name being screamed by her mother, only to run home and find out her mother had not called her.
What has happened in recent years?
Numerous additions have occurred over the years. The current owners, Steven and Mary Kaltenbach, bought property in 1987 and restored the house.